Monday, May 07, 2007

Love my Luna

Way Number 31-Use Green Products

I thought about this last month during my period. I had read about reusable washable pads and tampons and had thought about them, but had always put off buying them. I thought that making the switch would be hard. But in keeping with my 51 ways effort, I thought I'd give them a try.

I was surprised that they were actually very pleasant and easy to wear. I had ordered a dark pad with two black liners. The way the Luna system works is that there is a pad which snaps onto your underwear and then there are two small pieces of ric rack (cotton strips) which hold the changeable pads in place. I used the first liner and soaked it with my soiled under ware from the day before. I rinsed them out and put the pad and liners into an lingerie bag and toted them off to the laundry mat with everything else. I finished washing them this afternoon and they came out as good as new.

I'm officially now a Luna convert! See their website here: Lunapads


Ditch the Disposables

No comments: